Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Prudence

Normally I am in total agreement with Mr. Voris - and I am not saying I disagree with this episode.  I do think that prudence needs to be used with "luke warm" type catholics.  Sometimes guns blazin is the best way to  handle things...............sometimes you need kid gloves.  I don't know, I am still on the fence.  One thing I do know without hesitation - they DO need to be told, taught, and if necessary, disciplined.  The pastoral question is that of form.  I'm a guns blazin kinda guy, but individual pride is a hard sin to overcome.  I often think that most people who have been lied to (intentionally or not) have a difficult time admitting that fact.  Perhaps they think it shows weakness?  Bottom line?  People need to be taught the truth - period.  How and at what pace?  The following makes a good point.

No comments:

Post a Comment